helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 25, 2005

Hard to Believe

This Sunday Dan and I will have been married for 4 years. It seems unbelievable sometimes. I can't believe it's been that long already, I guess that's a good thing though. It shows neither of us are bored with each other yet!! :)

It's hard to believe that he is the same person that I have known for the past (WOW!) 10 years of my life. That's nearly half of my life! I didn't realize even our friendship had been that long. It's nice having someone that came from the same place as you and knows all of the same people. You can sit and reminisce together. What's more, you can share those stories with your children someday.

Dan asked me the other day what I would have said to him if he told me in 8th grade that someday I would have his baby. "Yeah right," I would have said. Yet here I am. Happily married for 4 wonderful years and on the verge of giving birth to the person my husband and I created together. My husband...

The man who was once the boy who wrote love letters to me behind his girlfriend's back in junior high. The man who was once the boy who fell asleep in my front yard (more than once). The man who was once the boy to whom I first said "I love you." The man who left town and sacrificed himself by enlisting in the Marines so that we could be where we are now. The man who has shared with me every aspect of his life and who knows me better than anyone in this world. The man who has given me his friendship, his love, and his child.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]