helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, February 28, 2005

Happy Anniversary!

I love having a day to celebrate all of the hard work and dedication focused on our marriage each year. One day just to say let everything else go, nothing else matters but being together. We had a great day!

We spent the morning having our maternity photos taken. I am very excited to see them, I hope we got some good ones. I'll be sure to post them when I get copies. We had a lot of fun having pictures taken together. The last time we've had any decent pictures was when he got home from boot camp.

Then, we headed to the Japanese Matsuri Festival to enjoy some Asian art, culture, and street performances. It was such a beautiful day and so wonderful to enjoy something in the city. After a while of walking around, though, I was feeling tired. So we found a bench in a nice shady spot and people-watched for a bit. Dan also rubbed my back and shoulders for me as we sat there.

After the festival, we went to the Biltmore area (one of the more high-end parts of the valley) and window-shopped at all the stores we could never afford! We had an early dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (where I had Dan try to get us free dessert by saying it was our anniversary... that didn't work!). But dinner was good anyway.

We then headed home and took Bula to the park until the sun set on our busy day. The rest of the evening was spent relaxing and watching TV. (Boy, did the Oscars suck!) The original plan was to go to Sedona and play in some snow, but I was worried about the drive. Plus, the weather was so beautiful, I hated to leave and go somewhere colder. So, we improvised and the day came out just as perfect. In the end, it was just great being together and having so much fun that we both laughed until we cried!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Contratulations, Jess...We ALL love you...
Glenna

12:31 PM  
Blogger Grandma V said...

Happy Anniversary Jessi and Dan!

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]