helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 31, 2006

A Great Birthday Surprise

What a great day! Dan and I began Helena's birthday weekend celebration. We made plans to go to brunch and take her to see Ice Age 2. While enjoying my late breakfast at Cracker Barrel, a girl approached our table and asked how my eggs were. Confused and a little weirded out, I looked up to say "I haven't eaten any yet," I saw my oldest sister standing in front of me. It took me a second. I almost forgot where I was. It was so unexpected and I was reeling from the surprise for a good hour. We all ate together and headed to the movies together.

Her coming out here to celebrate Helena's birthday was, by far, one of the coolest things anyone has ever done for me. It will be so awesome to have some of my family at her birthday party on Sunday.

I can't believe it's almost a year now. It has gone by so fast. I vow to treasure every moment because before you know it, they are gone.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so where are the birthday pics....lololol....that is awesome that your sis was able to come out there. It really helps to see family when you are so far away. Can't wait to see how much fun you guys had...

Love,
Jenny

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Birthday Helena ... I hope you ate lots of cake ... can't wait til I can dig in to my own cake.

Love Your Cousin Hannah

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had so much fun! It was great celebrating with you guys (all weekend!)
XOXO
Melinda

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]