helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 05, 2006

Helloooooo...

Okay, yeah, so I know it's been a while. Yet again. It's hard for me to get on the computer most weekends. It's strange though, I feel like we are always so busy and then I have nothing to talk/write about.

First of all, so psyched to see a game 7 for the Suns & Lakers. I hope that we pound them at home on Saturday. Man, I hate the Lakers... especially Kobe and Brown. They are such arrogant jerks. I want to see Nash take it to 'em.

Enough about that, though...

Dan, Helena, me, and my friend from work Randy all went to a Diamondbacks game on Wednesday. They beat the poo out of the Cubs. It was a lot of fun. Helena hadn't been to a game since she was about 1 month, so she really enjoyed it. She was dancing and clapping and hamming it up for the fans around us!

I can never understand why people say, "We can't do anything anymore because we have kids." I can see when they get older and you have to start paying for them or if you have more than one. But Dan & I haven't sacrificed anything with Helena. She does it all with us. We started taking her out at a very early age so she would get used to it. She goes to restaurants, the movies, shopping, events downtown, concerts (like TSO), trips out of town... And she always enjoys it and is always a trooper. I know that every parent is not as lucky as me to have such a well-behaved child. But I think it's all in how early you start and how you react to them in different atmospheres. For instance, if you are nervous that they will start crying and your apprehension is evident, it will make them nervous. They don't know what's going on and you have to be excited about everything for them. If you foster their personality to make them comfortable in different social situations, every outing should be fun. It is for us and we haven't had one problem yet!

Here's my disclaimer: I don't want anyone to think I am extending advice, this is just my theory. I know I am young and I don't know everything, but this has worked for me! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]