helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, January 21, 2005

All Coming Together

I got the changing table put together last night. On Wednesday, Dan and I picked up the rocking chair from his parents that he was rocked in as a baby. The nursery is really coming together. My mom told me last night that she wanted to send me her's that I was rocked in as a baby. I know that she is disappointed that she can't be right here and do all of the things that she would like to. It was really nice getting to talk with her last night about some of my fears and concerns though and hearing her own experiences. She is definitely the expert when it comes to having babies!!

I wish that she could be there when the time came for delivery. I wish that anyone from my family could be there waiting at the hospital to find out boy/girl and meet the little person. It's hard to go through such milestones without anyone being there. Of course I have Dan and his family, which is wonderful, but I still wish I had someone for ME.

I know I'm the one who made the choice to move away and this is part of it, but I'm allowed to get homesick. At least I will get to see (almost) everyone again after the baby comes. I am looking forward to everyone meeting him/her. Geez, I'm looking forward to meeting the baby myself!

1 Comments:

Blogger Grandma V said...

Glad I could help calm your fears a little. I know you'll do fine. JUST BREATHE!

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]