helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 17, 2005

The Lost Rocking Chair

Recent shopping attempts have led me to wonder, has the rocking chair become obselete? You know, those old-fashioned, last for generations, hand-carved, wooden rockers? I see the gliders on a million baby store sites, but no regular rocking chairs.

Dan and I have opted for the dated piece instead of the glider in the hopes that we could find something a little more reasonably priced. No such luck as of yet. I am hoping to find some of those second-hand mother stores and discover one there. I plan on making my own cushions and getting a footstool if necessary.

The rocking chair, along with a side table and a small chest, are the only major pieces I need. After that, everything else is just decoration. I also found out that the bedding I purchased just after Christmas went 30% off only a few days after. Do you think Target will be nice and grant me the difference in store credit?? We shall see...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess,

Just a funny story about the old fashioned rocking chairs. My brother and his wife decided on an old one as well, but more because it was given to them. My brother said he would rock his girls and by the time he got them to sleep he was on the other side of the room because they move so much. I would guess that is why someone came up with the gliders. Just thought I would share. Smiles,
Jenny

7:36 PM  
Blogger Grandma V said...

Jessi,
I didn't know that you wanted a regular old rocking chair. Don't buy one! I have the one I rocked all of you in. If you want it, you are welcome to it. Just let me know. I'll even fix the arm that always fell off (unless you want to keep it that way for old times sake!) Just give me time to refinish it...let me know what color you want, if it matters. I love you!
Mom

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]