helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Appointment Update -- Good News!

I found out today the baby is finally over 5 pounds!! I know the ultrasounds are just a guesstimate, but it looks like we're finally starting to catch up. The baby has moved from the 10th percentile to the 18th (which takes him/her out of the danger zone a bit). It makes me feel better if I go into early labor.

I'm still having the "irritable" contractions. About every 30 seconds actually. It just feels like I have cramps all the time. Hopefully, I will know the difference when the real thing starts!

Also, I am slightly dilated 1 centimeter. The doctor said it's no cause for concern at this point especially because the baby is of decent size and has started its practice breathing (we saw in the ultrasound). However, my cervix is high, so it could still be another couple of weeks as the baby descends.

So, everything is progressing along nicely. And it is now March... Happy Month of the Baby! Now when people ask when I'm due, I'll be saying end of the month. YIKES!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]