helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 09, 2005

The First Month

I never want to forget...

Seeing your face for the first time. Your "machine gun" laugh. How you wimper then laugh in your sleep. Your "ooooooooo" face. Our naps. Your spooky toots. My little "Squirmy Wormie". Everyone telling me I look too young to be a mother. How I'm the one person who makes you cry when I'm around, but am the only one who can make you stop. When you try to feed off your daddy. When you saw my face for the first time and recognized me. Your middle finger. How calm you are when I rub your head. Our special lullaby. Your gummy smiles. When Oscar batted your umbilical cord across the floor. My exhaustion and frustration, but looking at you and knowing it's all worth it. How much you need me right now. How much I'll always need you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]