helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The End of an Era

How many years constitutes an "era"? In any event, this is my last week at Thunderbird. It is a double-edged sword in that this was my first full-time job (and my longest job). I made some great friends and developed some great working relationships. It will be tough to leave it all behind. The past two years is the most continuity I've had in life for too long. It's been nice to not move around so much, and begin to build some roots. Although I'm sure eventually we'll uproot again.

I am excited to start something new. Not so excited about getting up at 5 in the morning and leaving at 6 (especially with the way Helena has been waking during the night). Looks like Dan's golden ticket to a full night's sleep is about to expire! That and the drive are the only setbacks, and that's not enough to deter me from furthering my career. I think this will be a really fun job, and I may even look forward to going to work. That's my ultimate career goal... to love my job so much it doesn't feel like work.

I hope I don't accidentally drive into Thunderbird on my first day out of habit. It is along the same route!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess,

Good luck to you at your new job. I know it is exciting and nerve racking at the same time, but none of us would better ourselves if we didn't explore our options. I am sure you will build great relationships at this place as well and you will probably have more opportunity to do so on those "fun stress relief outings". Anyway, good luck and keep us posted on how things are going.

Love,
Jenny

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]