helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Thank You, Honey!

Last night as I got Helena ready for bed, I had a little talk with her. It was almost 9:00 and she was laughing and sqeaking away, which had me thinking I was in for another night with little sleep. So I said, "Can you pleeeeeeease let your Mommy sleep tonight?" To which she laughed. And I said, "Pleeeeeease" (in my most cutesy voice). To which she laughed again.

Starting at 7:00, I fed her a good meal of breastmilk. Then again at 8:00, and again after our conversation. I just fed that little girl until I thought she was going to explode, but she kept on eating. Finally, after the last meal, she drifted off and imagine my surprise when she didn't wake up again until 4:00 in the morning. Until you have children, you never appreciate 5 1/2 uninterrupted hours of sleep. It's so much better than 1 or 2. You could even function on that much sleep if you really had to.

After feeding her at four, I put her back down and she woke again just before 6:00. She didn't need to eat though. I held her and she fell back asleep and laid there with me contently. There is nothing that melts your heart more than waking up and seeing your sleeping child next to you, stretching, yawning, opening and closing her eyes. Your own little person. I didn't want to get out of bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]