helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A Few More Firsts

Last Sunday, Helena got 2 more "firsts"! The first thing, while it may seem minor, I thought was something very special and made a big deal about it with her.

Helena got her first beauty mark! It's on her leg. On one hand, it's really cute, but on the other I'm a bit sad to see her perfect baby skin changed. At first I thought it was a piece of dirt or something, but it didn't wash clean. I told her she got her first beauty mark and she must have thought it was a boo-boo, because she kept asking me to kiss it!

(Side note: Super funny when Helena falls on her butt and she says "Ouch Mommy! Boo-Boo! Kiss my butt!" haha)

The second first (what??) also happened on Sunday. I turned Helena's crib into her "big girl bed" (aka toddler bed). She was so excited and happy. I thought it would be nice for her. She's spent the past couple weeks in my bed at night because she watched a scary movie with Daddy and was scared to sleep by herself. I thought this would be just what she needed to get out of being scared. To be a big girl. It worked at first. She was jumping on the bed. I got her a new pillow just for her. I set up all of her stuffed animals. She was even saying "I'm tired Mommy. Sleep in Heyna's big gurl bed" when I was making dinner. But when I went to lay her down Sunday night, she immediately got up and ran to my bed. I figured I'd let her fall asleep with me and then take her to her bed, but I guess I was too tired! :)

Then on Monday night, she fell asleep in her bed, but woke up at 2AM yelling for me. I laid in there with her until I thought she was asleep. I went back to my bed and guess who came running in after me! I thought maybe the bed wasn't that great of an idea, considering (as bad as it sounds) she was no longer trapped. hehe

But last night, she fell asleep in her bed all by herself and slept the whole night through. I made a big deal of that this morning. Telling her how proud I was of her. And she was happy with herself too! And went on to name all the animals that she slept with last night in her big girl bed! Awwwww, my little girl is growing up.!

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth K. said...

Jess - I love your reasoning and logic with her. I am taking notes that will be utilized for our little baby girl. If she is as strong willed as her momma (the other one) we will have some major problems. Glad to hear all is well with the two of you.

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]