helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 24, 2005

Welcome to Week #32!

Not much longer now! For all I know I could give birth tomorrow!!! I don't think that will happen though because I haven't even felt any Braxton Hicks (or "Stevie Nicks") contractions yet. Or what was it, Adge, "Bob Seger" contractions?!?! Anyway, back to the bean:

This week marks some major changes for your baby's eyes. Most notably, the iris in your baby's eyes will become pigmented. However, no matter what color eyes your baby is born with (most are born with dark blue-brown or blue-gray eyes) the color almost always changes after birth. In fact, your baby's true eye color won't appear for six to nine months after delivery, because the final eye pigmentation occurs in response to the strong light of the outside world. By the end of this week, Baby will weigh about 3.5 pounds and will be about 14.5 inches long. From now on, your baby's weight gain will exceed her growth in length. Each day brings new developments inside the womb. Baby's eyes are now usually open during waking, and are closed at naptimes. Baby's lungs and digestive tract are continuing to develop.

Interesting, I didn't know that about the eye pigmentation. I wonder if that's why I dreamt about a baby with very dark eyes the other day. I do know that the baby cannot see color, only contrast, the first couple months. That is why I chose the pattern I used for the nursery walls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]