helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Just Take a Minute

Dan and I laid together this morning before we rose from bed and talked a little bit. He said the baby was moving around so much last night, and was wondering how it doesn't wake me. As he laid there with his hand on my belly, he thought about how excited and anxious he was to meet our little baby. The plethora of emotions can be too much to understand sometimes. The nervousness, the excitement, or the "happrehension" as I have come to call it...

While we enjoy those quiet moments that we are still able to share together at this time and will miss them, we will be rewarded with a million other (not so quiet) moments. I want to savor every last day we have together before our lives are changed forever and we are never to be left alone again. When I look at him and imagine him as the father of my baby, my heart just overflows and I am so in love.

The two of us are really very lucky. We have a wonderful friendship that has turned into a wonderful marriage and in a few months will transform into a wonderful family. I think we are both ready for this transition now. And though it's been a tough road to accept it all and get to this point, we have both enjoyed the journey. Now, we are anticipating the arrival of this new life and we couldn't be happier.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, don't worry Jess, you'll have alone time after the baby comes! Me and Papa will try to steal him/her as often as we can!!!
CookieNana

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]