helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Appointment Update -- Done With Work!

Today was my last day at the office until June 1st! The doctors thought it would be better if I just took some time off before the baby comes since I was overdue and not making much progress. Usually if there is some sort of progress, the doctors may be able to track how much longer the pregnancy will go. Since they haven't seen much in me, they are worried I could transition into labor almost immediately. To keep me as comfortable and relaxed as possible, they told me to go home and enjoy the rest of my peace and quiet!

It was funny, they were all so disappointed to see me at the office today. The ultrasound tech, Alice, told me she was calling one of the doctors all weekend to see if I had my baby yet. She has been there since 11 weeks, so she's really gotten to know me. She also knows what we're having, but has done a good job not telling us. A lot of people can't believe I've had so many ultrasounds and still have no idea. But how do I know what I'm looking at? Every now and then I can point out the eyes or facial features, but that's about it.

They are still hoping I will deliver naturally, but just in case, my induction may be scheduled for this Saturday. It's strange to predict the baby's birthday could be April 2nd. We'll see if s/he surprises us any earlier.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jallápenno said...

I've heard that scheduling an induction is one of the best ways to launch yourself in to natural labour! Just one of those things, I guess. My Dr. is likely going to rupture my membranes at my appointment next week if nothing happens before then, so I'm hoping something comes along for me too.
Good luck, keep us posted!

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]