helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

We Both Lose!

It looks like Dan and I were both wrong in our due date predictions. Mine came and went yesterday. And to think it seemed the baby wouldn't even last this long. This waiting game is killing us! As the actual due date approaches I only wonder if that day will come and go as well with no event.

What a double-edged sword this is. I feel so ready to just have the baby here already and hold him/her in my arms and know that I am somebody's mother. Dan and I will be the primary figures for another life and be the ones to take care of everything that comes along with this little person. It's so overwhelming (and scary) for both of us, but I know we are both to the point now where we just want to meet our baby.

We were talking last night about how we want to be the kind of parents that our children want to be around. We want to play with them and talk with them, and provide the safest and most comfortable home environment that we can. We know that everyday won't be perfect, but this is our chance. Every day is special and you can't ever get it back once it's gone. This whole experience is so important to us. We just want to enjoy the ride and figure things out for ourselves and make some mistakes along the way. We're realists! We just can't wait to meet the person who will be a part of us for the rest of our lives!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gramma V...do you think there are some "hidden messages" in this blog? lol....
No need to worry, I will not be stepping over my grounds!(yeah, right and I weigh what my drivers license says I do too!)
CookieNana

9:43 AM  
Blogger jessframpton said...

No hidden messages. Dan and I are just excited to be embarking on this new adventure together. I hope you don't misinterpret my emphasis. I emphasize "our" because it's amazing to think that there will be a little person running around that WE created! It's crazy!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Grandma V said...

Jessi,
Just remember that nobody is perfect and that every day is a new adventure! And always know that I love you and am here if you need me.
Love you always,
Grandma V

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]