helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 21, 2005

Don't Freak Out!!!

Okay, I just found out (on one of my reader's Web sites) that there is a chance those with tattoos on their lower backs may not be able to get the epidural! What is that about?? Had I known that I would have went to the lamaze classes and not put so much emphasis on the drugs!

I don't think I can go through with natural childbirth. I mean if I have to I don't really have a choice, but why wouldn't that come up before now. I called my nurse and she said it's a possibility, so I will have to talk to the doctor tomorrow at my appointment. I'll let you know...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess, I have never heard of that, but it might have something to do with the fact the needle is put into your spine/dye from tatoo and your spinal fluid...I dont see why it would stop it....everything will be ok....please blog early tomorrow....theres a whole gang of Floridians reading your site and are anxious too!!! (Ben and Kim and their kids are here)
CookieNana

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Jess,

I just wanted to tell you about my experience, I had both natural and with drugs and I can tell you I hated the epidural! They give it to you so late it really didn't help, I just felt "weird" and immediately after I had such back pain. To this day I have problems I never had with Andre' and I think it is because I had the epidural. Long story short, maybe this is just a blessing in disguise because there are so many risk you take when you get it done. On top of that I didn't even feel I needed an epidural I listened to Fabi and a friend of mine because she said it was a great experience for her, but what was great for someone else may not be so great for you. Don't worry about it. Women have been doing it naturally for years and if that is what you have to do to stay healthy and safe I am sure you will be fine. Just remember we wouldn't keep having children if it was the worst experience in the world. I think you will suprise yourself how well you get through it on your own. Hope everything is great.

P.S. I never took Lamaze either, just breathe slow enough so you don't hyperventilate and stay relaxed, I promise you'll do great!

Love from Florida,
Jenny

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]