helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Helena's First Appointment

We took Helena to her first doctor's appointment on Monday. Everything looks good! On her birthday, she weighed in at 6 lbs 11 oz and she has already plumped up to 7 lbs 3 oz! I'm not surprised though, she eats like a horse!!!

She is almost 2 weeks old now. It may not seem like a long time, but to me it's just flying by. I am already almost done with my 3rd week of maternity leave too! Time is just escaping me. But I am having a good time just holding my baby and watching her sleep and eat and poop all over me! She has this habit of peeing EVERY TIME you go to change her diaper, so it turns into a big ordeal! I'm glad she's a girl because I probably would have been sprayed by now!!

I am going to post some more photos for everyone to enjoy. I know I can't get enough of her. Dan and I left the house yesterday to run some errands and go shopping. We left Helena with his parents, and I missed her so much. They are real good with her and are more than happy to take care of her which is really nice when we need to get things done. It's hard to leave her though. Hopefully it will get easier when I go back to work in 5 weeks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jessi and Dan! Your Baby Girl Is Beautiful! Jessi I haven't seen you in a really long time, I hope everything is going great for you!
Love your Cousin Angie

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is just precious. Boy do I want Hannah to be born soon. My girlfriend had an emergency C-Section on Monday and had a baby girl too. I'm getting the itch...

Trust me -- it does not get easier leaving your baby behind. Ed and I went to a wedding a few weeks ago and it just didn't feel right not having Jacob with us. I miss him too when I'm at work. Just keep plenty of pictures on hand.

Take care

Aunt Joyce

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]