helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Some Plans for the Future

When it's slow at work, I have time to sit and ponder all of the things I want to teach my little girl. First off is music. I want her to appreciate it from an early age. I have restrung my guitar and have been playing every other day and she just loves it. I think it's very soothing to her. Sunday night we turned off the TV, and the whole family (dog, cat, and all) sat around and listened to me play. I put everyone to sleep!

Helena is so cute when she listens though. She closes her eyes and a big smile spreads across her face. She is content...

I also want to start drawing with her as soon as she has her motor skills down. I want to paint with her and read to her. I want to take her to the pool and the library and the park and actually see her enjoy it all. I can't wait, but I can. Sometimes I want her to stay little forever, but then I imagine the days we are running around, laughing, and playing together. She makes it all worthwhile.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess,
You are going to be a wonderful mother. Already thinking about what you are going to teach her is brilliant. I'm sure she's going to be just as talanted, loving, and caring as you are. I miss you, and I can't wait to meet your beautiful daughter (can't believe it, really) and see how much she is like you.
I would also like to let you know that I think of you more than you know. You were my best friend from my sophomore year on, and I get tears in my eyes when I think about the summer you pracitically lived with me. That'll be one I'll never forget. I feel like crap that our communication has dwindled down to close to nothing, but I am so happy for you and Dan, and I can't wait until I get to meet your precious.
Miss you, Love you,
Glenna

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]