helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Birthday Milestones

I came to a realization this morning... Most of my life-changing events have occured on or around my birthday.

Humor me while I run through the timeline:
18th birthday - My first birthday with a serious boyfriend (Dan)
19th birthday - Lost my apartment and moved back home when boyfriend joined Marines
20th birthday - Started college
21st birthday - Obvious life-changing birthday, but I was also living in Hawaii
22nd birthday - Moved into our first apartment in Phoenix
23rd birthday - Found out I was pregnant with Helena
24th birthday - Got offered my first real full-time design job

In case you're wondering, that last one just happened yesterday. After two years, I am leaving Thunderbird behind and I am embarking on the new and exciting field of commercial advertising. I will be working in the Creative Services department at Cold Stone Creamery's corporate office in Scottsdale. I am so excited! For those of you who don't know, Cold Stone is a REALLY great ice cream shop. And I'm not just saying that because I am now an employee, I've been a customer for years! If you have one near you, you should really try it.

I will finally be doing the things that I went to school for. I will get great benefits, a 100% match in a 401K, tuition reimbursment, I get to keep my 4-day week, AND I get all the free ice cream I can handle!!! This is going to be such a great step in my career. Plus, the boss has what she calls Thursday Outings to keep up team morale. She takes the team to lunch or to one of those Paint-It Pottery places. A few weeks ago she had a massage therapist come in and give everyone massages! Yeah, I think this will be a great place to work!

Wish me luck... I start August 22nd!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Congrats! And LUCKY YOU. FREE ice cream. LOL Can you share that wealth??

7:50 AM  
Blogger Grandma V said...

CONGRATS!!!!! We all scream for Ice Cream!! Send some home! I am so happy for you! Love you all.
MOMMY

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Jess!

This sounds like the type of stability you need in a position - great company, great benny's, great atmosphere.

You're on your way!
Deanna

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!! You got it! I am so happy for you ! I know you were really looking foward to this job! Well I had a great time on your bday weekend...Hope to see you soon! Love ya Lauren

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]