helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Well, there goes that!

Last night, Helena dumped her Play-Doh toys all over the place. I let it slide, but when it gets time for bed I've been trying to teach her we have to clean up. I asked her once nicely, and she nicely ignored me. I let about 10 minutes go by and asked again. She matter-of-factly said she was "busy right now". A few minutes later I said, "Helena, it's almost time for bed. You need to be a good helper and pick up your toys." She then said okay, but walked in the other direction. I did the dishes, came back and asked, "Did you pick up your toys?" And she said, "Not yet!" And continued to play. I sternly said, "Helena, it is not time to play. It's time to pick up our toys and get ready for bed." To which she stopped in her tracks and said, "You're my best friend Mommy. Gimme a hug!" haha

There goes my sad attempt to discipline. I did give her a hug, and she went right to pick up her toys. I love my girl! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Grandma V said...

How cute! We can't wait to see you guys! Counting the days.....Love, Mom and Uncle Sal

4:16 PM  
Blogger sophiasmommy said...

That's adorable! I just love her.
(I know this is a little late, but it's been awhile since I have been on here.)

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]