helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, September 05, 2008

I'll Try To Be Better

How fast nearly a year goes by, eh? Well, due to the recent event of possibly losing all of the photos I have of Helena on my external hard drive, it got me thinking. If it weren't for this blog, I would have no hope of seeing many of those pictures again. So, I'm going to make myself a promise to do better about updating everyone with fun stories about Helena again. And I have the perfect one to start:

Last Sunday, Jack (Dan's dad) wanted to pick up Helena. After getting off the phone with him, I said to Helena, "Papa's coming to pick you up." She ran up to me and gave me a big hug and kiss.

She said, "I will miss you when I'm not with you, Mommy."

"I will miss you too, babe."

"Will you cry when I'm not here?"

"Yes, I'll cry for you."

After this, she wrapped a string around my wrist that she was playing with. The string had come from a pouch of rocks I got her from Sedona.

"Here, Mom. Wear this bracelet and then when you get sad, you can look at it and I'll be in it."

We had Adria tie it around my wrist and I, in turn, tied a bracelet around Helena's wrist.

"There, Mom. Now we won't be lonely." (pronounced wone-wee)

It was so sweet. Like a movie. Where does she get this stuff?!?!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mackenzie said...

Aww how sweet of her! Made me tear up :)

Glad you will be updating again! :)

9:55 PM  
Blogger Grandma V said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Grandma V said...

So glad you are doing this again! Now I can get my Helena and Jessi fix, maybe with a little Adria thrown in, too.
Your story just shows what a GREAT MOMMY you are! You are raising your daughter to be a caring individual. How many 3 year olds are that empathetic? That's my grandbaby!
Love you both,
Mommy (Grandma)

7:12 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Mom, why don't YOU start blogging again? LOL

12:46 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, you're back?! It's been sooooooooooo long!

What a sweet girl you have!

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]