helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, September 10, 2004

Almost My Worst Nightmare!

I am sure you are all wondering why I haven't posted yet. I bet everyone was expecting my elated entry after hearing my little baby's heartbeat... but we didn't hear one.

The doctor seemed concerned, and the nurses seemed surprised. Everyone was telling me before I went in how I would hear the heartbeat no problem because I am so thin. We didn't hear anything. So, there was nothing to tell.

The doctor thought it best to schedule an ultrasound right away to make sure everything was alright. Dan and I had to wait all night, I was so worried. It's funny how something comes about unexpectedly, but when there's a chance that it might be gone... you realize how much you already need it.

So, we went in for the ultrasound this morning and there (s)he was. Heart beating, arms moving around, bouncing up and down, no bigger than my pinky finger. I can't believe that it is inside of me, growing and moving and living. It's the most amazing thing I have ever seen! I kept looking back and forth from the screen to the instrument on my belly, wondering how it could see through my skin and into my body. Crazy!!!

After we left the doctor's office, Dan drove me to work and we both started to cry. He was just as worried as me, but was so positive and supportive. He is going to make a great daddy!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY JESSI,
I JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU HOW HAPPY ME AND THE BOYS ARE FOR YOU AND DAN... AWESOME PICTURES I AM GONNA PRINT THEM AND SHOW YOUR GRANDMOTHER TONIGHT AT BINGO... BY THE WAY JOYCE AND ED AND JACOB ARE ALL OK FROM THE HURRICANE AND THEY ARE GETTING READY FOR HURRICANE IVAN. BUT JOYCE AND JACOB AND DAKOTA ARE GOING TO HOUSTON. TILL IT BLOWS OVER AND SO JOYCE CAN SEND OUT SOME RESUMES THERE. WELL IF YOU GET A MINUTE YOU CAN EMAIL AT WORK AT rose.seidel@lhs.net. CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN LOVE ROSEY JOEY RODDY DANNY

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]