helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, October 22, 2004

The Dreaded Sleep

So I have been sleeping on the couch the past couple of nights. And before anyone thinks that there's trouble in paradise, let me tell you it's my own choice. I feel so tired all day that I wish I could sleep, but the moment I hit the bed I am tossing and turning and unable to sleep.

The couch is softer and more comfortable for my back and hips with having to sleep on my side so much. For those of you that don't know, once you hit a certain point in your pregnancy, you are restricted from sleeping on your stomach or back. That doesn't leave too many more options, does it?

I never minded sleeping on my side before, but with that being my only option I wake up with sore neck and shoulders every morning. Plus, whenever you sleep on your side you always have to figure out what to do with that arm that lies underneath of you. My circulation has been real bad, so my arm falls asleep a lot and gets real tingly. That wakes me up. Not to mention that the bigger the baby gets, the more it pushes on my bladder. I find myself waking up 2 or 3 times in the middle of the night just to pee.

And with Dan's new schedule, he gets up 2 hours before I have to and doesn't even TRY to be quiet! Geez!!! Can you tell it was another sleepless night? Man, am I cranky!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]