helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 24, 2005

Tour of Duty

Yesterday, Dan and I took our tour of the labor facilities at the hospital where I will deliver. The birthing rooms are very nice. There is a large delivery bed that looks pretty comfortable (for a hospital), the lighting is very dim, and there is a TV and radio. There are also a couple of reclining chairs for guests. In a little nook at the side of the room is a heater/cradle for the baby. S/he will stay with me at all times after delivery unless there is a problem or I request them to take her to another room.

The hospital recommends that you stay for at least 24 hours. It's when you get to the overnight rooms that the quarters are not too accomodating. The bed is a lot smaller (the whole room is a lot smaller). There are only small folding-type chairs for guests, but you can request a cot to have one person spend the night with you and the baby. I don't remember seeing a TV or radio in that room though. What am I supposed to do for 24-48 hours?? I guess feed the baby and sleep, huh?

Our visit really cemented everything for me and got me even more scared. I was thinking to myself the whole time, "This could be the very room that my baby's life begins in." The whole thought is quite overwhelming. I know I will get through it (as if I have a choice), but it doesn't make the thought of it any simpler. I am bringing a person into this world.... WOAH!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY JESSI YOU DID AWESOME ON THE NURSERY... IT LOOKS SO GOOD.. AND I ALSO WANTED TO TELL YOU, THAT YOU JUST SAID THAT THEY WILL TAKE HER OUT OF THE ROOM IF YOU NEED THEM TO... UMMMM WISHING FOR A GIRL!!!!!!! ALL WE CARRY ABOUT IS THAT YOU AND H/SHE ARE HEALTHLY AND EVERYTHING GOES FINE WITH LABOR AND DELIVERY... YOU WILL PROBABLY BE LIKE AUNT JOYCE AND ONLY HAVE A COUPLE OF HOURS OF LABOR.... (WE CAN ONLY HOPE THAT HER LABOR IS LONGER WITH HANNAH THEN WITH JACOB)HA HA HA... WELL I WILL TALK TO YOU LATER LOVE AUNT ROSEY....

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch it Aunt Rosey -- I won't have a long labor this time either (lol). Trust me Jess, once you have that little baby in your arms, you'll forget about all these worries you had. You also will have your own motherly instincts and will know exactly what to do -- it's in our genes.

I love the nursery -- it looks great. Now go relax and have some fun with Dan before the baby is born.

Love you

Aunt Joyce

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess,

That looks soooo great. How about I hire you to come and do my house...lolol....Really it looks so good. Just like your Aunts said you will forget all those worries as soon as you have that little one safe and healthy in your arms. Then in a year you'll be wishing he or she was that little again and start planning on number two...lolol....Oh and by the way, after labor you probably wont care about watching TV, you will probably want to sleep. I remember with Milena I was nursing and they kept bringing her in every 2 hours and I was sooooooo tired. Take care. Love, Jenny

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]