helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

My Happy Valentine

While Dan and I don't celebrate the obligatory "man-made" romantic holidays, he still managed to do something very sweet for me. When I came home from work, he had cleaned the entire house top to bottom and had drawn a bubble bath for me so I could relax. He knew I had woke up yesterday morning with terrible back pain and really didn't want to go into work, but I went anyway.

The bath was just what I needed. The fact that it was there waiting for me, with candles and music and a book, was just the icing on the cake. He, then, made us a great steak dinner and we were able to just spend the rest of the night together. I think sometimes people underestimate how wonderful it is just to share each day with the person that you love. Sure, maybe everyday isn't picture perfect, but we know what it's like to be apart. It's worse than your worst day together. Besides, I find much more happiness in the special moments that aren't expected on a day invented by greeting card companies. I got flowers last week for no reason other than I am his "beautiful pregnant wife".

If you ask me, everyday should have the opportunity to show someone how much you love them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]