helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 30, 2005

Back to the Grind

Well, all guests have come and gone and things have slowed down quite a bit. I start work again this week. I picked the perfect week to come back though because I get a holiday today. I have been saving up sleep reserves while I can and trying to get things done around the house at the same time. I am still absolutely in love with my baby girl and I hate the thought of leaving her every day, but I am looking forward to being in a routine again. I really enjoy my job and the people I work with. I will be glad to have adult conversations again. I have felt a bit like a hermit the past few weeks.

Due to my lack of being outdoors, I missed the 100 degree temperature hike. One day I went in the front yard and it hit me. Like God was blowing a 50-foot blow dryer right in my face! Boy, is it HOT! Since having Helena I think of all of the things she will miss growing up in the desert... The leaves changing color, snow days, climbing trees, and watching spring flowers bloom. Dan and I have been talking about taking her to a place where grass grows naturally in a few years. We'll see...

2 Comments:

Blogger Grandma V said...

Hey the grass grows green and the beautiful spring flowers are blooming right here in Ashtabula!! You are welcome to come here ANYTIME!!! I miss you guys SO much! Love you,
Grandma V.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess,

I know exactly how you feel about wanting to see the seasons. Being in Florida I miss it a lot. But...the good thing is you can always visit other places, there is no snow, and there is much more opportunity here than back home. Belive me I love the sight of snow and taking the kids sled riding, but shovelling hour after hour...no thanks....Christmas break is always enough....lolol... I always try to see the good when I start to focus on the bad. Fabi and I always talk about moving again too, but then again we are comfortable here too....we'll just have to see. Anyway, I am so happy for you and Dan and I am glad everything has been going so well. By the way, even though you will miss Laney by going back to work it will keep your bond strong because you will appreciate the time you have with her much more. Plus, it gives you a little break from feeling cooped up in the house. On top of that you are fortunate to have family to babysit, that will keep you at ease that she is ok. Anyway, just wanted to say hi, haven't posted in awhile. Take care of each other.

Smiles,
Jenny

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]