helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 06, 2005

Work Bites!

First off, I love my job. I wouldn't be working here for 2 years if I didn't. But the more you go on, the more you learn how little an organization cares about you. As you know, I started back to work last week. It was a short week because of Memorial Day. A holiday that the rest of the employees got paid for, but is deprived from me. Let me explain...

I was called Friday afternoon (the week before I was to come back) and was told that I needed to have a doctor's release to come back. Seeing as it was a holiday, I was anticipating coming back to work on that Tuesday. I was not able to get a release on Monday because my doctor's office was closed. Then, all day Tuesday I was attempting to contact them, and my 3-minute wait time kept turning into 15+. I was in communication with my HR department all day to let them know what I was doing. Finally, after 1:00 I got through to my doctor and they said I had to come in and sign the sheet. At that point, it didn't make much sense to go into work. I decided to work on Friday (which I normally have off) to make up for it. Now the lady in payroll is saying I'm not getting my holiday and won't even consider the situation. After her telling me I should have read our company handbook, I did. It only says they reserve the right to inquire about the reasons regarding the absence. I haven't even been able to plead my case.

At least let me explain before you just shoot me down. It's just not fair! Hopefully the HR mangaer will get back to me and help me to get it back. I'll keep you posted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]