helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 18, 2005

Where Does the Time Go?

Last night Dan and I watched Helena (who was propped against my leg) pull herself up to attempt to get into a sitting position. She, of course, didn't get all the way up... her head is still much too heavy. But just watching her there, we couldn't believe it.

Time passes so fast when you have kids of your own. It seems when you're a child and waiting to become a teenager, get your license, graduate from high school, move out, go to college, graduate from college (things of that nature); time stands still. Once all of those things are done though, everyday blends together and before you know it a week, month, year has gone by. As soon as those major milestones in your life are over with, all you do is watch as your children go through the same. There's not that much for me to look forward to anymore that doesn't involve Helena. I rarely get excited about birthdays anymore. I even forget how old I am sometimes. This birthday should be an exception though, because I will actually have some family here to spend it with me. I haven't done anything nice on my birthday for quite a while.

But even their short visit will come and go, and I will be back to the daily monotony attempting to chase the time that continues to slip away from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]