helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Muver's Day to ME!!!

Okay, Cheerios has the most super-cute commercial where the little girl comes into her parents bedroom with the box and a flower. She starts singing "Happy Muver's Day to you" (in the tune of Happy Birthday) to her mom who is still sleeping under the covers. She gets about part-way through the song and her dad lifts the covers and says "huh?" This little girl gives him the most adorable confused little look, as if to say... "you're not mommy". Then she proceeds to go to the other side of the bed and starts singing again. Oh my gosh! SOOOOOOOOO adorable. Okay, I know it's only a commercial, but I work in advertising and I'm a mom.

Anyway, today is my second Mother's Day. As bad as it sounds, when Dan asked what I wanted I responded, "A day to myself!" So, I went shopping, got my hair done, and had a grand old time. All I wanted was a break from everything and to just focus on me. Sounds selfish, I know, but isn't today all about what the Mom wants?

Plus, I've had a rough and stressful few weeks at work and needed to do something to cheer myself up. I will go in tomorrow with a new 'do and some new threads and (hopefully) a new outlook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]