helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

How I'm Feeling

The nausea has begun to subside, with only the occassional hunger pains or indegestion to take its place. I can feel this aspect of the pregnancy becoming more emotional. Worry, depression, irrationality, stress, and a basic contempt for the structure of things in the U.S.

Now, I love being an American, but sometimes I just ask myself, "How did things turn out this way?" Why are some people able to purchase 2nd homes, boats, vacations, etc. when I have to struggle just to find one decent place to live? Not everyone is cut out for Master's degrees or superstardom... does that make my job and my life any less important?

I really hope that all of you regular, middle-class people (like me) out there plan on voting for Kerry in the upcoming election. I know you can't trust any politician, per say, but Bush has had his chance and has failed miserably. And I don't know about you, but I am sick of his slander campaigns. Don't you think if he would have done one positive thing while in office, he would talk about that and not just try to break down the other opponent? I am also sick of struggling while all of the rich keep getting tax breaks. Where is my break? I know I'm not getting ahead anywhere because everyone in my family comes from the same mold. Why do some people have to just "survive" while others can practically throw money away?

I guess it's mainly the hormones, but the older I get the less things make sense.



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]