helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 27, 2004

Oh, The Pain!

Tack another one onto the list of irritating pregnancy symptoms.

I spoke with my doctor yesterday, concerned about the beginning of one of my migraines. I know certain medications are off-limits when you are pregnant, so I wanted to figure out some more alternative methods. I tried drinking a Coke (I guess caffeine helps sometimes), I tried applying cold and heat to the affected pressure points, I tried eating something, I tried sitting in the dark, I tried drinking tea...

Then, at about 9:30 it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was fidgeting and crying and attempting to pull my hair out to alleviate the pain. I bit my lip so hard that it's swollen today. It was so bad, I even got nauseous. I had to have Dan run out and get some Tylenol (which is the only thing the doctor said I could take as a last resort). It took about 20 minutes for it to kick in, and then I took a warm bath and just sat with my head under the water listening to myself breathe.

I finally fell asleep with an herbal pack over my eyes at about 10:30. The doctor told me yesterday that some women who have had migraines prior to pregnancy will find that they either diminish or multiply. I guess we know what I can expect. My eyes are still swollen (along with my lip) from crying last night. The pain is just so unbearable, I wanted to rip out my eyes so I wouldn't have to feel that pain behind them.

Lovely thoughts for the morning, I know, but that's what this blog is all about... the good and the bad.

1 Comments:

Blogger jessframpton said...

Well, I have had a history of migraines before and the doctor told me that with pregnancy sometimes they get better and sometimes they get worse.

But I got through it with Dan's help. I think it just worsened because I put off taking the Tylenol as long as possible.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]