helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 02, 2004

A Strange Time

Pregnancy must be the period in your life when your brain manifests every odd thought and turns them into unexplainable dreams. For most of my life, my dreams have always been pretty lifelike and sequential. Sure, you have that moment where you open up a door and walk into a completely different place than you expected. But for the most part, I've been able to understand them and even decifer most to find hidden meanings.

My dreams now, however, are just a collage of odd occurences with cameos by people from high school and the like that I haven't seen in years. I dream about family a lot. Especially family members that I haven't seen or talked to in a long time. My cousins, aunts, and uncles (mainly on my mom's side). Maybe it's because when you think about having a baby, your subconscious reverts back to memories you have as a child.

Most of my childhood memories take place at my Granny's house (mom's mom). My brothers and sisters were always there with me while my mom was at work. We would play with my cousins, we always had cook-outs and parties there, we used to swim everyday in the summer. Then, when we moved it all changed. We would go weeks and months without seeing anyone from that side of the family. It makes me sad to think about now; how far everyone has grown. But I will always remember all of the fun I used to have at my grandma's when I was young.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]