helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Bittersweet Days

I don't ever recall using the word bittersweet quite as often as I have the past few days. As you know, Dan and I have been extremely excited about moving into our new home. On Monday we went to sign all of the paperwork and we were ready to go.

About half-way through the stack we were signing, we got a call from the mortgage company. It seems the loan processor who I sent his pay stubs to last week, never checked her email and the fax got deleted. When the underwriters attempted to verify his employment, it looked as if he didn't have a job. We had to have his new company fax over a verification of employment and we had to sit there at the title agency and write up a letter explaining why he changed positions.

We were on hold for over 2 hours, just waiting to see if we were going to get the house that we were already there to sign on!! Finally, I called one of the guys in the corporate office of the mortgage company and told him what was going on. He called me back in 15 minutes and released our keys. It's good to know people in high places!

So, the day started with packing a U-Haul at 7:00 in the morning and ended with a final unpacking at 11:30 at night. We could have gotten a lot more accomplished had we not been at the title office for 2 1/2 hours and waiting around for them to call for another 2 hours. All of that stress and unnecessary hassle made the whole new home process... bittersweet. We were, of course, still happy but very angry and frustrated at the same time.

Then, yesterday I stayed home to wait for the fridge and the utility companies. The cable, phone, and internet was supposed to be hooked up between 8 and 10. The guy didn't show up until 3:00. Then, the gas was supposed to be turned on between 8 and 12. That guy didn't show up until 1:00, and with waiting for the Cox guy it was 6:00 before I could even take a hot shower! The fridge was supposed to be delivered between 2 and 4, but I got a call around 1:30 saying the fridge came in damaged and we wouldn't get another one until December 2nd.

I was, needless to say, very irate at this point. I told them I had tons of groceries on ice that were going to go bad and I was pregnant and needed a fridge to keep food. They did what they could and upgraded our fridge to a better model and we will be getting it on Friday. Due to the inconvenience though, I am going to ask for that $50 gift card they originally promised me and a free extended warranty (since I don't know what's coming to my house on Friday). I hope they'll cave. It would be nice if one thing went my way this week.

Also, my carpool backed out on me so I had to figure out a way to get into work the rest of this week. Luckily, Dan's parents came through with the car, but I still have to figure something out until Dan gets his truck. I really hope he gets certified next week.

Well, at least the big part is over with and I only have minor things to worry about now. All of this stress has got to fade at some point. I am looking forward to some much-needed time of back home in Ohio!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS JESSI AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU NEXT WEEK... EVERY THING WILL WORK OUT IN THE HOUSE AND YOUR TRAVELS AND YOUR BABY... LOVE YOU SEE YOU NEXT WEEK LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU WANT YOUR MASSAGE.... LOVE AUNT ROSEY...

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]