helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 25, 2005

Another Let Down

This morning I was greeted in the office with an email telling staff that we would not be receiving our annual raise this year. Great! As if it wasn't bad enough I took a pay cut to go from a temp to a regular employee, I was turned down for a personal raise (even though I deserve it), but they don't mind giving me more and more work.

The sad thing is that I have been keeping my feelers out there looking at other positions for a while now. I have turned down a few interview offers and job offers because I thought I was working towards something here. Now, every week you wonder if you're going to be laid off or if the school is going to go bankrupt.

It's very stressful worrying about things like that when you have a house and a baby. Thank goodness Dan got such a great raise at Orkin. Now, there's a company that you know isn't going anywhere. Plus, they are really impressed with his work ethic. They keep complimenting him and telling him he always has a place with them. That's good to know. Let's just hope he doesn't decide to change jobs again.

After this let down, it looks like I may need to get those feelers out there again and actually try to grab something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]