helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Happy Birthday to ME!

It was a wonderful day...

Dan got me a beautiful abstract iron statue of a parent holding their baby. And he got us tickets to the Coldplay concert on the 25th. His parents got me a pretty two-toned bracelet that says Mom on it. My dad got me a nice outfit (which I'm wearing today!). My sisters got me a liquid incense burner and Trivial Pursuit DVD edition. We had fun playing that! But the greatest gift was having some family here to spend my birthday with... a gift I have not had for 4 years.

For the three short days that my dad and sisters came to visit, I was on cloud nine. I could tell they all were too, playing with Helena! My dad was talking baby talk, making funny faces, and looking at little girly clothes. He truly is a grandpa! It was so hard to watch them go.

I was sad when I hugged them all good-bye at the airport this morning, but I was strong. Not until I dropped off my baby girl at Cookie's and felt completely alone, did I start crying. Then, I went home to get ready for work in my completely empty house, holding all of the mess and memories of the weekend, and then I was sad again. I wish I could have spent the whole day with Helena, just trying to hold onto some part of my family. It's so hard.

Already it seems so long ago that they were here. I can't believe it was only this morning I could see and touch them all. Thank you so much for coming, guys! I really hope to see you again soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jess.

Who came out with your Dad? God, I haven't seen your Dad in ages.

You think Helena's copying you now, wait until she's Jacob's age. He wants to do everything we do. It's so much fun and amazing how fast they learn.

Take care

Love Ya

Aunt Joyce

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont worry Joy, wherever Helena goes...Cookie Nana and Papa Jack go too!
Cookie

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]