helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Happy Belated Bday to ME!

Well, Tuesday was my birthday. The big 25! And on more than one occassion did someone call me and say "You are the oldest 25 year old I've ever known!" Which is true, but sometimes I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Not many 25 year olds have celebrated a 5-year wedding anniversary, graduated college, lived in Hawaii, bought a home, have a 16-month old daughter, and have landed a decent job (in the field they actually went to school for). That's me in a nutshell!

Not that I'm bragging or anything. There are a lot of things I haven't done. There seems to be a new trend I've found of young people having spent a significant amount of time in a foreign country (or have been able to visit a lot). The only other country I've ever been to is Canada. And let's face it, there's no real difference except they don't start wars over there and you can drink when you're 19!

Back to my birthday, I didn't do much. I got a cake from Cold Stone. It's the Mmmmmmint Chip (mint ice cream, devil's food cake, and white frosting). Also printed my free Creation coupon today. Looking forward to that! If you want free ice cream on your birthday, sign up for the birthday club at www.coldstonecreamery.com/birthday. (Had to put a plug in here somewhere).

Today my friends from work took me out to lunch. I plan on going out with Dan and his family sometime this weekend. Then on Tuesday we are headed to Ohio! I am really looking forward to this trip. We haven't been home in the summer since 2001. That seems so long ago now. I can't wait to see my family and hook up with some old friends. I might never want to come back to this inferno!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]