helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Wake Me Up When September Ends

Well, someone forgot to wake me up! Because it's mid-November now and I've been gone so long. Where do I begin? So much going on and yet not a whole lot that I really want to talk about.

Well, you will all be disappointed to know that I have no Halloween pictures of Helena. We didn't get her a costume because she still fit in her pumpkin from last year and she didn't really get to walk around in it then. So we thought that would be cute. I planned on taking her trick-or-treating, but couldn't do that either. I took a much-needed vacation with my sisters to Las Vegas. What a great time it was! We went out at night, hit a few slot machines and tables, did the buffet thing... It was perfect! Until about 2AM the last day we were there and I woke up with a horrible stomach ache. I was on the bathroom floor from that minute until 3 that afternoon. I had to change my flight and stay another night in a strange city in a hotel all by myself. It was so lonely. Not only did I not get to say good-bye to my sisters, I couldn't even stand up to give them a hug. How sad! :(

I don't even know when the next time I see any of them will be. I don't have enough $$ or time to come home for Christmas. Which brings me to my next set of news... my brother moved out here. With this being his first holiday season away from home, I have to do what I can to make it good for him. I'm sure it's strange considering it still gets up to 90 degrees somedays out here (and it's nearly Thanksgiving). But he seems to like it, and I would probably go crazy if he wasn't here.

Helena has been doing well. She is definitely a little girl. She soaks up everything like a sponge. She actually told me she had to pee and poop in the toilet on Friday. I was so proud of her. Then she pointed at the toilet, made a fart noise, and said "Mama, do it!" I said "Mommy doesn't have to go potty now." And she said "No poopoo Mama!" What a goofball!

My brother and I took her to the park on Saturday and she just loved it. She gets so excited when all the kids are running back & forth around her. She kept squealing and would try to run to keep up. She loves the swings and the slides. Of course, she will only go down the slide if you walk her up it first. (Bad habit to start, I know)

She has been very clingy to me ever since I came back from my trip. I can't even leave the room anymore and she starts screaming for me. I wish I had more time and energy to do all the things she wants me to. I try to make the most out of our weekends though. She is learning so much everyday and her curiousity is just inspiring. She has warmed up to my brother quite a bit. Every other word is "Matt! Matt!" Last night it was standing outside his bedroom door saying "Shhhh... Shhhh..." and the jumping out with a "Boo Matt!" It was cute!

Well, I think that's enough for now. I promise I will get better.

P.S. Due to work, life, distractions... I forgot about the last week of voting on the Fossil tin contest. I wasn't able to make sure everyone put their vote in. I ended up on page 4. Almost made it to the top 3 pages, but not quite. Thanks to all that did vote and maybe I'll try again next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]