helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 18, 2006

Crazy Busy Days

Talk about the dog days of summer. I feel like I've been running around in circles for the past week. Oh wait, I have! We just got back from a week-long trip to Ohio. I swear I spent the whole time in the car. But I had the most amazing time. I really made the most of my time. I saw everyone in my family and spent good quality time with all of them. I also got to reconnect with some old friends that I haven't seen in a while. No matter how short the visit was, it was just good to see a familiar face.

During our week, I was between Ashtabula, Cleveland, Akron, Willoughby, Madison, Pittsburgh, and everywhere in between. The first couple days I just visited with family. I went to Akron to see my sister, Lauren, and get my hair done. Friday, we went to my sister, Adria's, in Pittsburgh and went to Kennywood (an amusement park). With the exception of the roller coaster stopping half-way up the hill on our last ride of the day, it was a perfect day! My whole family (minus one sister) was there for the first time in about 12 years. It was the best birthday present ever! Saturday night I hit the town with all 3 sisters for my b-day. I had more fun than I've had in a long time! It was really nice having all of us spend the night at my sisters and stay up late reminiscing. Sunday, my dad's side of the family all got together and had a little bday party for me. Everything about the trip was just right. Except there's never enough time. Whenever I leave I always wish I had one more day. To spend more time with a friend, to take my brothers to the beach, go shopping with my dad... I can never fit it all in. Well, before I get all sad and emotional, here are some pics to sum up the trip.

Helena's First Trip to the Lake

P3280033

P3280036

P3280040

Helena & Her Uncles at Kennywood

P3300068

Auntie Adria is right on Helena's tail!

P3300086

Even guys in punk bands stop & smell the flowers!

P3310093

Oh no! It's the Helena Monster!!!

P4010102

Playing Peek-A-Boo with Grandpa Doodles

P4010111

Mommy taking some time off with the Aunties!

sisters2

sisters3

THANKS EVERYONE FOR AN AWESOME TIME!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Grandma V said...

We ALL had so much fun! I also wish you had stayed longer. But it was a blast! And all you girls look BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love you lots. give Helena a million kisses for me!
Love,
Grandma V.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]