helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 13, 2008

Hi-Ya!

Okay, okay, I know...

So, I promised I was going to get better about posting again, and again I fell through. I know what you're gonna say. You haven't posted anything about Disneyland or Helena's best friend moving away. And I already know. It's been a dramatic couple of weeks and I'm still trying to get my grasp on everything. Yes, we *did* go to Disneyland and if you want to see pics until I get em posted up here, check my myspace. Yes, Helena's best friend *did* move. But, so did mine. And until I accept that, I can't really write about it because it's still just too sad.

So, I digress with a little tid-bit of a story I wanted to write down before I forgot.

The other day, Helena had a bit of a cough and a tough time sleeping, so I gave her a little allergy medicine. After taking the medicine, she laid in bed with me still coughing. She said,

"Mommy, it didn't work. I'm still coughin."

"You have to give it time to kick in."

A curious look overcame her face and she worriedly asked,

"Medicine kicks?!?!"

To this, I explained to her that it was just an expression, meaning to start working. Then, it was

"Mom, what's an aspression?

.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

That is so cute. Keep posting, woman!

By the by, I know how you feel having your good friend move away. I can't talk about KT leaving without getting teary-eyed. Good thing though, that if I start to miss her too much, I can just move to Denver -- and I'll be closer to you and Adge!!

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]