helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

So Much for Saving

I called off work yesterday. My boss and coworkers are very understanding about my situation. In fact, most of them have had their children while they were here at Thunderbird also. I am very lucky to work in an environment like this.

I am debating about how to take my time off. Right now, I have about a week of sick time and a week of vacation time saved up. By the time I have the baby, if I continue to save, I should have hopefully added another week to each. That would give me hopefully 4 weeks of paid maternity leave. I could even have my pay cut a bit to stretch it out to 6 or 7 weeks. There's a lot to consider. I know it will all work out, just having a mortgage payment and an extra mouth to feed is a bit overwhelming!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]