helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 20, 2004

Welcome to Week #14!

My, how they fly... don't they?? Here's the peanut's life this week:

By the end of this week, the baby will be a whopping 3 1/2 inches long and is 1 to 2 ounces. S/he begins to practice inhaling and exhaling movements. The eyes and ears will continue to move and develop, the neck is still getting longer, and the baby's chin no longer rests on his/her chest. The hands will become functional, and the baby is beginning to learn to move/use them (probably more reflex than anything). At this point, our little one is receiving all of his/her nourishment from the placenta. The baby's fingerprints may even be defined as early as this week.

It's still hard to believe sometimes. That so much can happen on something so little. I have been noticing all my pants are harder to button and some I can't even get on. Although I still haven't seen much in the way of extensive weight gain, believe me... I am packing it in! I never thought I could eat so much in all my life!!! It seems September has just been flying by. My next appointment is October 7. It will be here before I know it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]