helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, December 20, 2004

98 Days to Go!

Okay, so it doesn't have the same effect as if I were to say "100 Days to Go", but I was unable to post on Saturday. Still, it's a pretty big milestone! 98 days doesn't seem nearly as many as it used to.

I can feel the apprehension weighing in on me now. The physical aspect of labor, the fact that I am really going to be responsible for another human being, and teaching the child from day one everything that I want him/her to be. I am excited about all of those things, but still scared at the same time. The only thing I'm dreading is all of the "advice" from people telling you how you should raise your child. The way I look at it, Dan and I are the only ones who have any say in what this child will learn, how this child will behave, and who this child will be. The only other person who gets a say is.... the child (well, when they start to talk).

Dan and I have plans for what kind of parents we want to be, and we don't need instruction. I know I don't have to deal with this problem yet, but from what everyone says, it's imminent. If people want to raise a child, then they should go out and have their own. But leave our baby to us!



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]