helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, December 20, 2004

Welcome to Week #27!

According to most sites and books, week 27 is the last week of your second trimester. I can't believe how fast the time is going.

Your baby could weigh about two pounds now and be around 9 inches long (crown of the head to the rump). As the blood vessels in the lungs began last week, the air sacs in the lungs begin this week. The lungs begin to secrete surfactant which covers the inner lining of the air sacs which then allows the lungs to expand normally during breathing. Besides the active lung growth, the brain kicks in with brain wave activity for the visual and auditory systems.

We'll know next month how big the baby is measuring and whether or not I'll be bedridden to focus all of my energy on just making a baby. If so, at least I'll have my sister out here with me to help me take care of things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]