helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

DON'T BUY TARGET!!!

Unfortunately, after a ton of gift certificates did I have to learn that Target is a bunk corporation that cares nothing about their consumers. Dan and I went there yesterday to use some of the gift certificates for baby items, a playpen and swing in particular. Target puts all of their baby items up on a high shelf so that you can see them, but you can't size them or test them. Now, if you ask me, it doesn't make sense to have displays that you can't test out.

We first paged the associate to find out if they had the product in the back as there was none on the floor. As she was writing down the numbers, I asked her if there was any way we could take the items down to look at them. She immediately responded no (without any reason). I then asked her if we could have some batteries to test the products without having to take them down. Again, she responded no (again, without a reason). While she was on the phone with the stock room to check for the product, she overheard us discussing whether or not to spend hundreds of dollars on an item that we couldn't test. Very rudely, she cupped the phone and said "Well, do you want it or not?" To which I said, "Well, do you have it?" "Well, that's what I'm trying to find out, but if you don't want it I won't have to." I told her to just find out if she had it or not and we would decide. At that point, Dan was ready to leave. I asked to speak to the manager, and the girl disappeared for a bit. She came back (without a manager) and said there was nothing they could do. When we asked for the manager's name, she wouldn't tell us!

After that experience when we got home I called Target's Guest Relations department. The girl put me on hold, and that's where I sat for AN HOUR!!! Finally, I hung up and attempted to call back only to find out the offices had closed for the evening. Needless to say, I was frustrated! I called again this morning to speak to 3 different people, and still finding no resolution. They offered me nothing when I told them I would never shop there again. They would not give me cash value for my gift cards. And they offered me no sort of compensation for the hassle that I went through. Most places would at least give you a gift card or something. She had nothing to say but that she would implement my suggestions into their training program.

So, basically, keep spending money at our stores (especially because you have to with all those gift cards) and be happy with our simple apology. The products at Target may be nice, but the service is horrible. And after I spend these gift cards who knows if I will shop there again!



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]