helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Appointment Update

About an hour before my scheduled appointment, my doctor's office called and said they wanted to do some additional testing that wasn't originally planned for today. I went in early and had to do the internal exam (still no dilation, thankfully). They also did the NST (Non-Stress Testing) which is where they hook you up to the monitor to check for fetal movement/heartrate and contractions (like I had done 2 Fridays ago). We also had another ultrasound done.

Bottom line, I am still having contractions... not much I can do about them. Drink lots of water, take baths, no heavy housework, and keep stress to a minimum. (Having another contraction as we speak) The fact that I am not effaced at all is positive though. It just means that all of these contractions are just what they are... a pain. Hopefully, I will know the difference when it's the real thing!

So, this will be my appointment schedule from now until I have the baby. Every Tuesday, exam, NST, and ultrasound. Will keep you posted if anything changes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]