helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Mewwy Kisma!

Yeah, so that means "Merry Christmas" in Helena talk. She is getting so excited. We have watched all the holiday movies. We watched Rudolph and Frosty and Olive the Other Reindeer. I still haven't found a copy of Nightmare Before Christmas for less than $55. (and that's 'used' even!) Anyone got a copy they want to give me??

Preparation for the holidays have kept me pretty busy. On top of that, I landed another freelance job. There's a company out here called Aqua Tots. They are a children's swim school. They need illustrations for the 9 different swim levels they have (like seahorse, goldfish, etc.) So that's my first job. Then the guy mentioned he could use my help on a 62-page catalog. That would keep me in business for a while.

I could really use the extra money too. Of course it's Christmas and I had to spend $180 on my brakes. "Merry Christmas, Helena! Mommy can stop her car so she doesn't rear-end someone and kill us both!!!" It sounds good in theory, but reality is she isn't getting much else from me this year. My family will be sending stuff though, so that will help. She is definitely in store for some great surprises. Stay tuned for a Christmas video (hopefully).

While I will really miss my family this year, it will be nice to just be able to have a long weekend and relax. And I'll have Matt here, so that will be awesome! I only get one day off for Christmas, but I got an early present from our VP of Marketing. When he found out at our Christmas party how far I drive to work every day, he made me a voucher for a free day off work with pay. I might use it the day after Christmas. Or maybe save it for another day. Either way, it's always nice to have an extra day off. Just found out also that next year I will get 3 weeks vacation, plus 2 additional holidays. I will try to make it home more in 2007.

Until then, I will do my best to keep contact with everyone through the site. Mewwy Kisma!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess & Helena -

I check your blog everyday hoping there are new updates and cannot help but smile all day after I read about all the progress the two of you are achieving.

She is a brilliant little girl. I won't be surprised the day she develops a cure for cancer or AIDS, at the rate she is going, big things lie ahead.

Congrats on your little freelance gig. Seeing your past illustration work, they will not be let down. Let us know when we can get a sneak peak.

Have a Happy Holiday!
Beth

11:32 AM  
Blogger jessframpton said...

Thanks Bethy!! Helena was actually in here this morning. Uncle Randy got her a HUGE coloring book (I mean like it's as tall as her) and she was coloring with the crayons you sent us in that package. Awwwwwww... I enjoyed the farting silly putty!! ;)

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]