helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 03, 2005

Let's Start the Year Right!

Lately there has been a lot of stress weighing on Dan and I. We are both worried about the fast ride into parenthood, and "baby" thoughts have been all that's on the brain. It makes me wonder what I ever thought about or talked about before I was pregnant. I get to the point sometimes where I ask myself, "Can anyone talk about anything besides the baby?"

It was nice to have dinner at our neighbor's house last night. The baby came up only a couple of times, and everyone was wrapped into other areas of great conversation. There was about 9 of us total, and I think we all really enjoyed ourselves. It's nice to live in such a friendly neighborhood. We are really lucky!

I have even gotten offers from the neighbors to help with things around the house in the chance I am prescribed bedrest by the doctor. (I should know about that today, and will post tomorrow). Hopefully, by next week I will be telecommuting at least part-time. It would be so nice to wake up, eat breakfast, and just sit at my computer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jallápenno said...

I know what you mean about baby on the brain. Over the holidays, 2 nights in a row we got into quite lengthy discussions over baby names, as my fiancé and are sitting there smiling and nodding, and thinking to ourselves that we really don't give a hoot what Auntie June or Cousin Bill thinks would make a good name. I think that if it makes the two of us happy, sounds good with the last name, and can't be made into any horrible nicknames, it's a great name. There will always be someone who knew a jerk named ________, so you can't please everyone.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]