helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Another Milestone

Yesterday, Helena stood by herself for about 15 seconds. I was so excited. I called Dan right away to tell him. She is getting better and better at it too. She just wants to be up so bad! I sit her on the island sometimes and play with her (Don't worry, I always have a hand on her!). But it brings her to my level instead of me always coming down to hers. And I can tell she likes being up there and being able to see around to everything. She's so curious.

That's one of the beautiful things about kids. During our weekend excursions, she got a lot of attention, but I was really surprised about the kids. When checking out at Toys R Us, Helena was getting a little fussy. Not crying, but whining a little. There was a little boy in front of us who turned around to her and said, "Look... there's Cinderella." (To which he pointed at a Cinderella cardboard cutout promoting the DVD release.) As if Helena knew who Cinderella was and that would make her feel better. She didn't look at the cutout, but the attention from the boy quieted her. Then, again while checking out at WalMart yesterday, another little boy passed us with his dad and stopped in his tracks. He must have been about 3. He said, "Ooooh, look at the pretty baby." He came over to us and tickled her feet and held her hand. He kept saying hi and "you're pretty". It was so endearing. Most kids aren't interested in little babies like that. He was just so gentle and curious. Such a sweetheart. You can tell his parents are doing a good job!

Have to go, I hear Dad and Baby Ramone playing her guitar. More to come tomorrow... I promise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]