helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Hello Out There?!?!?

Did everybody fall off the face of the earth or something? I thought I might hear from people more what with the ol' bun in the oven, but things have been just the same. Sunday was my Mom's birthday and I haven't even been able to tell her Happy Birthday! I have been trying to reach her for over a week now and everytime I call it just rings and rings. Every now and then it will ring and then I hear odd static and screeching and then it goes busy. So, Mom, if you're reading this... call me because I just can't get you! Now to my Dad... I haven't talked to him since my birthday (Aug 1st). Where are ya, Dad?

It's frustrating feeling like if I ever want to talk to my family I have to be the one that goes out of my way and calls the whole million of them! Because if I don't no one will ever call me! I have complained about this for years now, but nothing seems to change. A lot of abandonment feelings come along with all of these pregnancy hormones. Everyone keeps saying they wish I'd move back to the east coast, but I wonder how much of a difference that would make. It's still long-distance. Dan and I will still be the ones doing the traveling and making the calls. I am hoping with my sisters (and you too, Matt!) coming out the end of this year will make me feel better. It's been almost 4 years since I have lived in the same state as any of my family. It will be nice for my baby to know his/her aunts and uncle.

So, if anyone is reading this that cares... feel free to give me a call. I may not have much to say, but it would be nice to know someone's thinking of me!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY JESSI IT IS AUNT ROSEY AND I WOULD CALL YOU BUT I DON'T HAVE YOUR PHONE NUMBER AND I WOULD LOVE TO COME AND VISIT WITH THE BOYS. JOYCE AND ED WILL BE MOVING TO TEXAS SOON. I HOPE YOU CAN LET ME KNOW YOUR PHONE AND ADDRESS AND I WILL CALL YOU JUST LIKE I CALL JOYCE AND ED TO KEEP THEM UPDATED ON WHATS GOING ON IN OHIO.. MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS rose.seidel@lhs.net. EMAIL ME WITH YOUR INFO AND I WILL KEEP IN TOUCH WITH YOU.. LOVE YOU AUNT ROSEY

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess-
I know it's so sad when you think about it...how we are all so busy now...I feel bad and I can't wait to see you over Thanksgiving...It's weird cause we are so close in age you think that we would be talking every minute. but things are so difficult now being so far away....well i still love you and miss you...and i guess i will be having the same blues as you when everyone moves to arizona...
Lauren

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess, Let me tell you sometimes it is all about the person. I am always the one chasing everyone to say hi or see what is going on back at home. It does get frustrating, but I just think well at least they know I am thinking of them. I love the internet because that makes it a lot easier financially. I am able to say hi and send pictures etc....it still doesn't take the place of hearing someones voice or being able to hug them or laugh with them....you will always have a sense of loneliness because your family is not right next door. It is a shame because we all say we are sooooo busy, but it only takes a few minutes to give someone a call so we really shouldn't have any excuses. Still we have to consider those who are struggling a little more and can't afford to make calls all the time (ie; me....lol), I mean with school and only 1 income money is tight a lot of times, so think of that as well, especially your sisters I know they are all close to oyur age so I am sure they are out there trying to make ends meet too. One thing is for sure usually as time goes on we all get more financially stable so hopefully with that being said we'll be able to visit significant others more often. Hang in there. Smiles,
Jenny

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]