helena_banner Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 02, 2004

I'm Baaaack!!

(Spoken in my best Poltergeist impression)

I'm sure you all have missed me so. I hope my absence doesn't hinder the traffic. Well, there is plenty to catch up on, so the reading should last you and I will go back to my daily postings from now on.

My trip home was absolutely perfect, but absolutely exhausting. I always need a vacation to recover from my vacation! Between Thanksgiving, 2 baby showers, lunches/dinners, movies, shopping, and a wedding reception... I am ready to relax! And I thought I was going to take it easy this time. It always seems there is so much to do and never enough time to do it!

I'll run through the play-by-play (or day-by-day) briefly:

Day 1 (Tues) - Plane ride, got sick on landing, had to hang out at the USO office at the airport for an hour waiting for our shuttle to arrive, got into town, saw some family and went to sleep.

Day 2 (Wed) - Shopping with Dan's grandma for maternity clothes, realized the "Smalls" in Ashtabula are sizes 4-6 (which I don't fit into regularly), every pair of maternity pants I tried on fell right off.

Day 3 (Thurs) - THANKSGIVING!! Dinner at my Mom's, dinner at my aunt's, dinner at my grandma's... needless to say a VERY busy day, stayed the night at Nana's.

Day 4 (Fri) - Baby Shower #1!! Met my cousins in the morning, sat around and ate breakfast, headed to the baby shower but had to turn around to get sherbet for the punch (got there an hour late), ate a lot of goodies, opened gifts, played some games, after the shower my sisters and I met my Dad at the Mentor mall for some window shopping, went to Friday's for a late-night dinner.

Day 5 (Sat) - Tried to sleep in this day, Dan was best man in his friend's wedding, we went to the reception that evening for a little while, I think this was the slowest day.

Day 6 (Sun) - Baby Shower #2! Took pictures with my sisters (that was an ordeal), went to the baby shower and ate a bunch, got a lot of nice children's books with personal inscriptions (good theme, Mom!), hung out with my brothers after the shower.

Day 7 (Mon) - Tried to sleep in again, I was getting really sore and uncomfortable, took my Mom and brothers to see the "Polar Express" and had breakfast for dinner at Bob Evans.

Day 8 (Tues) - Took at trip to the lake for the first time since I was home, met up with my brother and got some wings for lunch, hung out at my Mom's a bit, went to my Dad's where I was greeted at the door with his "world famous" cocoa.

Day 9 (Wed) - Ran to my Mom's in the morning to say my good-byes to my brothers, went to lunch with my grandma and grandpa, my Mom picked us up to take us to the airport, hugged Mom and Alex about 5 times a piece, and that was that.

How sad to say good-bye to everyone. Although I did pretty much everything I wanted this time at home, you always want more time and it never seems like enough. I am excited to be back though and get the house in order. I can't wait to decorate the baby's room. I'll post pictures from the trip soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Laney more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own


linking pregnancy & baby blogs Bellys, Birth & Beyond
[ Prev | Next | List | Join ]